Maid of Honor Responsibilities
By C. Pulsifer, © 2007
You are thrilled and honored to have been asked to be the Maid of Honor.
We all know the Maid of Honor helps the bride, but what are the
responsibilities of the Maid of Honor?
Well, by no means is this list carved in stone, but it will give you an
idea of traditional things a Maid of Honor performs.
You can discuss the
list with your bride to see if she wants you to do more or less then the
responsibilities we have shown.
- Organizes a bridal shower (don't forget to ask the brides mother
for help here)
- Makes sure the brides' wedding dress and veil are flowing
properly during the ceremony
- Helps the bride get dressed and ready on the wedding day
- Poses for pictures before and after the wedding
- Brings the grooms wedding band to the ceremony
- Holds the brides' bouquet when she exchanges rings with the
- Signs the wedding certificate as a witness
- Gives a toast to the bride at the reception
- Helps the bride when posing for pictures
If needed, looks after the wedding gown when the bride changes into
her going away clothes
The most important thing for the Maid of Honor is to offer assistance
and support in doing what needs to be done to ensure that special day is
special. It may be moral support, or laughter needed for those wedding
The most important thing is just being a friend, someone to
talk to, to laugh with, to help out.